If you need VAT returns we will be preparing and submitting your quarterly VAT returns in good time, meaning that you will be well aware of your VAT liabilities and keep the VAT-man happy! We’re not just filing a bunch of numbers though, we take a 6 step approach to our VAT Returns service:
1. Create a recurring quarterly job in our job management system so we NEVER miss a deadline and begin work on the VAT return the day after the quarter end.
2. Carry out an audit of ALL transactions for the period - check that purchase VAT has been claimed on every transaction that it should have been and conversely that it hasn't been claimed where it shouldn't have been.
3. Ensure that you are on the best scheme to maximise your cashflow - Cash or Accruals. Also keep an eye on going over the threshold at which you HAVE to move to accruals by obligation.
4. Send you notification of the amount due within 3 weeks of the quarter end, giving you 2 weeks’ notice of the amount to be taken automatically via direct debit.
5. File the VAT return on time, every time.
6. Deal with any queries, enquiries or investigations from HMRC so you don't have to get involved, allowing you to focus on running your business and avoiding further cost of bringing us into an investigation.